Translate

søndag 7. oktober 2012

DIY: Children's suitcase

Did you use have a little cute suitcase when you were a child? I did. It was red with white flowers, if I remember correctly. I had the clothes for my barbies in it. Sadly I don't have it anymore, wish I did, but it was probably given away as I got too old to play with dolls..

I think it looked quite similar to this one:



But even though I don't play with barbies anymore, I still like the suitcases though..

And Saturday I found a quite similar one in one of my favorite shops in Norway, called Søstrene Grene (they actually got a website as well, check it out, http://www.grenes.dk/index.php?page=1&lang=en). They had it in both red and blue, and also in turquoise with a lion on it (maybe the cutest, but also the most childish one). Maybe they are ment for children, but who cares. I like them. Anyway, I went for the blue one.

But of course, you know me, it didn't stay "just blue" for so long.. I wanted to pimp it up a little bit. So me and one of my flatmates (she bought a red one) had a little suitcase workshop at home Saturday evening. I will definitely recommend it! If you share interests like this with some of your friends, why not do it together? More social than doing it alone, that's for sure!

So, then the question was; what to make/draw/paint on my suitcase.. At first I thought of a pattern. Then I wanted a Buddha (I'm really into Buddhas you see). But then I thought, hey, why don't I use the candy skull that I made a while ago (see how, here: http://zoubiandme.blogspot.no/2012/09/diy-head-skull-picture.html)!? For now it was just laying there. So I did.

Here's the result!

This is what it looked like when I bought it. And it also still look like this on one of the sides.


Then I just pasted my candy skull (you've seen this before, remember?) on the front side. As simple as that. Of course, it takes a little more time if you have to make the candy skull first.. I'm not quite sure if I will leave it like this, or make something else around it, and/or on the other side. 


An important detail; "Tilhører Kristine" (means that it belongs to me!)


A glimpse of what's hiding inside...



You can use it for whatever you want. As a purse. As a case for your Christmas decorations. As a sewing kit. Or like me, for your knitting. You choose!

As I'm writing, I get a lot more ideas of suitcases that I could make.. So I actually already want to go back and buy even more suitcases..! They costed only 70 NOK (that is about 10 euros, and that's quite cheap in Norwegian measure)! Next time, I think I will make a red one to use as a first aid kit and paint a white cross on it. Isn't that just brilliant!? I will show you if (that means when) I do.


ZOUBI ♥ 

Btw! This is not a commercial for Søstrene Grene! (I just wanted to make that clear..)


Pin It Now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar